|Women from the National Blood Service pledge to RISE
The Format of the day will be:
- A flashmob at Clifton Down shopping centre at 3pm, followed by marching and chanting down Whiteladies Road, past the triangle and down Park Street to College Green.
- A second dance on College Green at 4pm. From there we will march across the centre of Bristol and up Corn Street to the Corn Exchange
- A third dance outside the Corn Exchange at 4.30pm, followed by a march back down Corn Street to the fountains on St Augustine’s Parade
- A fourth dance by the cascade steps at 4.45pm, followed by a final march down the waterfront and into Millennium Square by 5pm.
- A final candlelit flashmob at 5.15pm in Millennium Square.
|Fatima Awil from FORWARD is RISING to END F.G.M. We love you Fatima!
|Bristol Mayor George Ferguson will be joining us at 4pm on College Green
|Heatherington Murray at St Werburgh's Community Centre
It would be great if you could join us for all 5 dances, and lots of loud marching and chanting in between. We've got the Bristol Ambling Band to accompany us through the streets, so we'll definitely be noticed! But if you can only make it to one or two, that's great too! The more the merrier!
The last dance will be a candlelit flashmob at 5.15pm in MILLENNIUM SQUARE, followed by an open mic session. Anyone who wishes to share a story, poem, song, rap or anything else can grab the mic and do so. If you can't make it on the day, and would like us to share your story for you, anonymously or otherwise, please send it to us email@example.com and we will read it out for you.
Like our facebook page (facebook.com/bristolrise) and follow us on twitter (@bristolrise) for news & changes to the schedule, and live updates on the day.
|Layla Ismail, FORWARD
|Lisa Zimmerman of Integrate Bristol
|Liz from Second Step
|Nimko Ali from Daughters of Eve will be RISING in London
|Police & Crime Commissioner Sue Mountstevens is holding her own flashmob at police headquarters in Portishead!
We will be dancing to the official One Billion Rising song “Break the Chain” and also to Katy Perry’s “Roar”. You can find the choreography for both dances on YouTube:
|Isobel Trout - Bristol Youth Mayor
|Sarah Coats will be dancing her own moves!
"ONE IN THREE WOMEN ON THE PLANET WILL BE RAPED OR BEATEN IN HER LIFETIME . That is ONE BILLION WOMEN. In 2013 ONE BILLION PEOPLE shook the earth through dance to end violence against women and girls. This year, we are calling on women and men everywhere to harness their power and imagination to RISE FOR JUSTICE. JOIN US!" - www.onebillionrising.org